Brown Sugar Cookies With Caramel Frosting
Do you love those Brown Sugar flavored Pop-Tarts? These easy-to-make brown sugar cookies taste just the same. They define the phrase, “sugar and spice and everything nice.” I love a good soft sugar cookie because that’s what I grew up eating. My husband, on the other hand, prefers the crunchy kind. However, that doesn’t seem to stop him from eating these.
The sour cream in this recipe gives these cookies the extra fluff I love. They probably also give you extra fluff elsewhere, if you eat them all. Beware! This recipe makes a TON of cookies, so feel free to halve or even fourth if needed.
Give a box of these delicious cookies along with a note of encouragement to one of your friends. It’s sure to brighten their day.
[recipe title=”Brown Sugar Cookies With Caramel Frosting” servings=”4-5 dozen” time=”8-10 min” difficulty=”easy” description=”Fluffy, rich sugar cookies that go perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.“]
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp caramel topping sauce (Hershey’s)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Enough powdered sugar to make a spreading consistency (about 2 cups)
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Chill for one hour at least or overnight. (This is a must especially if you are cutting into shapes.)
- Roll out into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with floured cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from baking sheet.
- Frost when cool.
Let us know how you liked this recipe. Comment below with your tips and tweaks.
Other Recipes From the Submissive Spirit
About the Author
Hannah and her husband Cameron are currently on deputation, raising support so they can begin full-time missionary work in Mongolia. She juggles the demands of traveling with those of a toddler and keeps a sweet spirit through it all. Hannah has authored two books in addition to her writing for the Submissive Spirit. She also blesses us with her beautiful voice.